RIVERDALE SCHOOL DISTRICT
The Riverdale School District is taking applications for a part time aide starting February 9, 2015. This position is for 5 hours per day, 5 days per week during the school year. Duties may include but not limited to, one on one aide for a special needs student, assisting in a classroom, recess duty and other student supervision responsibilities.
Anyone interested in this position should send a letter of interest to Bryce Bird at the district office by February 2, 2015.
Riverdale School District does not discriminate against applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, religion, sex or sexual orientation, marital status, handicap, creed, arrest or conviction record, or any other reasons prohibited by state or federal law.
PEP Data Collection Round 2
As part of the Riverdale Carol M. White PEP grant, the 2nd data collection period will take place at the beginning of January. The 1st data collection period in October was a huge success. Again, the purpose of this evaluation is to examine program implementation, partnerships, data use, and student outcomes associated with PEP grant project. Results from the data will allow your child to establish a baseline in order to set goals to work towards improvement using activities that are specifically designed to help them reach their goals during Physical Education and outside of the school day.
Your child will be bringing home a packet of the following materials:
1 pedometer, which is labeled and numbered
7-day pedometer log for grades 5-12
4-day pedometer log for grades K-4
3-day activity log (grades 5-12 only)
1. Please take care of the pedometer. Take them off every night and put them back on in the morning. Do not wear them to bed. Do not get them wet, they are not waterproof.
2. Students will wear the pedometer for 7 days straight for grades 5-12 and 4 days for grades K-2. Make sure to include the weekend. Please write down the number of steps each night on the log and include the date.
3. Pedometers can and should be taken off for contact sports and water activities, this will cause damage to the pedometer.
4. Keep the pedometer and packet together nightly. This will allow for a successful 7 days!
5. Return full packet with everything filled out to your child’s Physical Education teacher by the due date listed on the packet cover letter.
6. Grades 5-12: Remember to fill out the activity log for 3 days to include 1 weekend day.
Jeffrey S. Johnson, PEP Grant manager
Riverdale School District
608-739-3116, ext. 3094 (w)